Yeah, it’s true that this issue has been discussed many times. But traditional way of submitting RSS or Atom feed won’t help you, because it’s not a Sitemap but just a feed XML page. So in order to acts it as a Sitemap, you will have to do some minor modifications in your Blog settings. If you know how to add your Blog to Google Webmasters Tool and submit your RSS feed page then just quickly skip to end and make necessary changes in your Blog settings.
For newbies, I have tried to write and simple guide to add your Website to Google And successfully submit Sitemap. Still, if you are not able to understand any step, ask for help.
- Go to Google Webmasters Tool and login with exiting gmail account.
- Now add your Blog URL as shown below.
(Note: Your Blog URL should be http://yourblogname.blogspot.com and not as http://www.yourblogname.blogpsot.com . This is because Blogger seems to be more comfortable with first type. Hence in your Feeds, your post url are of first type.)
- Now you will have to verify your site. It’s very easy. Just choose verification by meta tags.
- Now you will be provided with unique Meta tag. Copy Meta tag.
- Now, login to your Blogger account. Then navigate to your Blog Layout-->HTML
Now, just try to find section in your Blog template. Add the meta tag, below <head> section.
- Now, go back to Google Webmaster page and click on Verify.
- Now you will be redirected to such a page.
Now click on add Sitemap. Then click on add general Sitemap. Now, add your Blog-Feed url as shown below.
- Now click on Add Web Sitemap.
Settings For Bloggers
Now real task starts. As Blogger acts as differently with feed url, you must set your Blog as follows.
- Now on the same page navigate to Choose Preferred Domain under Diagnostic section.
Now you must click to select the following option.
Now, go back to Blogger Dashboard. Now navigate your Blog Settings-->Feeds. Now select Allow Full Feed option.
Now take a rest. And observe your pages getting indexed in just one week. Also share your Blog traffic experience with me. Tell me how much pages you have got indexed till now.