This is another post from the series called Blogger-Make Off, where we are trying to implement all the Wordpress Plugins and functionality to Blogger. In forthcoming days, I am coming up at least 20 such topics to make Blogger Happy place to Blog.
Are you ever jealous at Wordpress user just because they use different Plugins to enhance their blog? So friends, this time we will concentrate on how to use Buy Me a Beer hack for Blogger.
Buy Me a Bear Plugin For Blogger
Original Plugin called Buy Me a Beer is used as a new form of Donation. As you know Donate ME would make less impact on readers mind that Buy Me a Beer. The main requirement of this Plugin is PayPal, so if you don't have one get the one now. There are mainly two ways for implementing this Hack on your Blogger based blog.
Create a code form PayPal
- Login to your PayPal account and navigate to Merchant Services.
- Now in Standard Payment Option, click on Donations located under key features.
- Now feel out the form title- Donation Name/Service as per you convenience but don't forget to select the following option as given below.
- Leave Donation ID Number blank & fill the amount you want as a donation in Donation Amount. If you want payee to fill the amount then leave it blank.
- Now under Security Settings, Click No to encrypt your payment button.
- Now click on Create A Button.
- Now you will be provided with two types of links. One with HTML and other for Email signature.
- Copy the link from email signature to your favorite editors like WordPad or Notepad. Now we will do some adjustments as it requires to well parsed in Blogger.
- Now replace every sign "&" (without quotes) in the link with sign "&" (without quotes). Now you link will look as follows.
- Now Next Job is to just insert the link.
Blogger Guide To Insert The Link
I wanted to keep the link in my Post-Footer section, so here I am explaining you the guide, how to insert this link at post footer section. But after the guide you will find the probable list or different sections where you can just copy and paste that link.
- Firstly, create your code as follows:
< a href="YOUR PAYPAL PARSED LINK">Text to be Displayed</a>
- Login to your Blogger account, and navigate to Layouts-->Edit HTML page. And click Expand Widget Templates.
- Now search for <div class='post-footer'> , and add the link just below it.
<p><strong>If you like My TechLife ideas, will you <a href='https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=someone%40gmail%2ecom&item_name=My%20TechLife%2c%20buy%20me%20a%20cup%20of%20coffee&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF&charset=UTF%2d8'>buy me a coffee?</a></strong></p>
- And click to save the template. Bravo, it's Done!
Here are additional location where you can add you link in Blogger template.
- Find <p><data:post.body/></p> add a link as <p><data:post.body/> PayPal Link </p> to display link right after at the end of the Post.
- Add link just below <div class='post-header-line-1'/> to display link just below the Post title.
Increase Donations with your own ideas
Original Wordpress Plugin Buy me a Beer also allows you to choose your own sentences. So just shake your head and come up with your ideas and slogan to catch reader’s attraction. Here are some useful ready to use slogans, for donations.
- Help to find me on this Blog, share my expenses. Share a Dollar to help me out there.
- Riding on joy of blogging, help me to cover my cost !
- Likes my post, please Buy Me A Beer.
- From JohnTP; Like my post, please buy me a Coffee.
- Did you earned at least 10$ with help of my Blogging Tips, just share a Dollar to keep reading good posts from My TechLife.
Hey if you have any better ideas, then do comment about them. What did you felt about this post, was that worth at least 2$.
Update July 10, 2007: Just after my post went live, within 10 min I got my first ever donation of 2 from a loveable person namely Mr. BackBone. Hey Mr. BackBone what's your Blog URL.